|Time: 8:30 to 4:00
Date: None scheduled
Dynamic Duo Workshop Highlights
- Discover the power of the Mathematics Dynamic Duo:
Mastery Learning and Cooperative Problem Solving
- Learn how to effectively target Common Core math content and problem solving standards
- Explore research-based strategies to engage all learners and boost math achievement
- Experience hands-on activities and learn the management strategies to make them work in your own classroom
- Find out how to use formative assessment to differentiate math instruction and ensure success for all students
- Walk away with load of activities you can implement the next day
- Discover innovative approaches to teaching basic skills AND higher level thinking
- Free Polygon Explorations Mini Pack
- Attendance certificate and an agenda showing 6 hours of instructional time to use for CEU or professional learning credits (Check your district policy in advance to be sure this workshop is eligible for credit.)
- Large 3-ring binder with over 100 of workshop handouts and printables jam-packed with differentiated teaching ideas and activities
Make Every Math Moment Count
How can you ensure that every math lesson "packs a punch"? Attend this workshop and discover the "dynamic duo" of math instruction: Mastery Learning and Cooperative Problem Solving. Educators who attend this seminar will discover the secrets of the Mastery Learning model, a simple but powerful method that ensures success for all learners. Participants will experience the excitement of cooperative problem solving and will learn how to incorporate these methods on daily basis. Using fun, hands-on activities, Laura and Pat will share practical, easy-to-use strategies to target Common Core State Standards and enable ALL students to excel!
Math Fun AND Math Achievement
Did you know that it's possible to use fun, engaging math strategies and still ensure that all students are learning? Would you like to supplement your math text with an effective, proven program to ensure that your students make adequate growth on the state math test? Skip the test practice booklets and replace them with engaging lessons. You'll be able to see the excitement of kids exploring higher level math concepts in your class!
If you are ready to take your math instruction to the next level, the Dynamic Duo workshop is for you! You'll transform your classroom into an exciting community of mathematics learners, differentiating instruction to meet their needs.
Dynamic Duo Workshop Content
- Simple strategies for implementing Mastery Learning, a research-based instructional strategy introduced by Benjamin Bloom and further developed by Tom Guskey
- The Cooperative Problem Solving Cycle - and how to use it to empower your students
- How to target both Common Core Content Standards and Mathematical Practices using the Dynamic Duo approach
- How to make sure ALL your students learn their times tables or addition facts
- Active engagement strategies that will motivate your struggling learners as well as challenge your advanced learners
- Easy ways to incorporate math manipulatives into almost every math lesson
- Interactive strategies that allow you to quickly diagnose learning difficulties and provide immediate feedback and assistance to students
- Loads of simple yet effective classroom management techniques
- How to energize your students and keep them motivated throughout the year
- Math strategies to help you meet Common Core State Standards
- Dozens of ways to differentiate math instruction for all types of learners
- Creative ways to use graphic organizers and foldables in math
- Cooperative learning activities that will hold your students accountable for their participation as well as teaching them social skills
About Mastery Learning...
"Just a couple of months ago I began teaching math using Mastery Learning. The results have been terrific. I really feel like I'm meeting the needs of all of my students. My local benchmark test scores have gone up, and I'm teaching the best math I've ever taught!"
~ Tammy Meagher, 4th grade teacher
Who Should Attend
- Teachers of grades K - 5 (Note: All teachers K-12 would find the Mastery Learning and Cooperative Problem Solving strategies beneficial, but the workshop activities are specifically designed for teachers of grades K - 5).
- Elementary School Administrators
- Instructional Coaches and Math Coaches (School or District Level)
- District Level Math Directors
- Students enrolled in teacher education programs
Schedule a Workshop
If you would like to schedule this workshop at your school or in your district, email Pat Calfee at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.