The Dynamic Duo: Effective
Instruction at its Core
Presented by Laura Candler
July 26, 2013
Grade 2-6 Teachers ~ Group Rate Available
Limited to 50 Participants
July 26, 2013
Holiday Inn Bordeaux
Click to Register
Dynamic Duo Workshop Highlights
- Discover the power of the Mathematics Dynamic Duo:
Mastery Learning and Cooperative Problem Solving
- Learn how to effectively target Common Core math content and problem solving standards
- Explore research-based strategies to engage all learners and boost math achievement
- Experience hands-on activities and learn the management strategies to make them work in your own classroom
- Find out how to use formative assessment to differentiate math instruction and ensure success for all students
- Walk away with activities you can implement the next day
- Discover innovative approaches to teaching basic skills AND higher level thinking
- Attendance certificate and an agenda showing 6 hours of instructional time to use for CEU or professional learning credits (Check your district policy in advance to be sure this workshop is eligible for credit.)
- Free print copy of Mastering Math Facts
- Large 3-ring binder with workshop handouts and blackline masters jam-packed with teaching ideas and activities
- Coffee and light morning refreshments
- Power Packs available on CD at reduced prices
Make Every Math Moment Count
How can you ensure that every math lesson "packs a punch"? Attend this workshop and discover the "dynamic duo" of math instruction: Mastery Learning and Cooperative Problem Solving. Educators who attend this seminar will discover the secrets of the Mastery Learning model, a simple but powerful method that ensures success for all learners. Participants will experience the excitement of cooperative problem solving and will learn how to incorporate these methods on daily basis. Using fun, hands-on activities, Laura will share practical, easy-to-use strategies to target Common Core State Standards and enable ALL students to excel!
Math Fun AND Math Achievement
Did you know that it's possible to use fun, engaging math strategies and still ensure that all students are learning? Would you like to supplement your math text with an effective, proven program to ensure that your students make adequate growth on the state math test? Skip the test practice booklets and replace them with engaging lessons. You'll be able to see the excitement of kids exploring higher level math concepts in your class!
If you are ready to take your math instruction to the next level, the Dynamic Duo workshop is for you! You'll transform your classroom into an exciting community of mathematics learners, differentiating instruction to meet their needs.
Dynamic Duo Workshop Content
- Simple strategies for implementing Mastery Learning, a research-based instructional strategy introduced by Benjamin Bloom and further developed by Tom Guskey
- The Cooperative Problem Solving Cycle - and how to use it to empower your students
- How to target both Common Core Content Standards and Mathematical Practices using the Dynamic Duo approach
- How to make sure ALL your students learn their times tables or addition facts
- Active engagement strategies that will motivate your struggling learners as well as challenge your advanced learners
- Easy ways to incorporate math manipulatives into almost every math lesson
- Interactive strategies that allow you to quickly diagnose learning difficulties and provide immediate feedback and assistance to students
- Loads of simple yet effective classroom management techniques
- How to energize your students and keep them motivated throughout the year
- Math strategies to help you meet Common Core State Standards
- Dozens of ways to differentiate math instruction for all types of learners
- Creative ways to use graphic organizers and foldables in math
- Cooperative learning activities that will hold your students accountable for their participation as well as teaching them social skills
About Mastery Learning...
"Just a couple of months ago I began teaching math using Mastery Learning. The results have been terrific. I really feel like I'm meeting the needs of all of my students. My local benchmark test scores have gone up, and I'm teaching the best math I've ever taught!"
~ Tammy Meagher, 4th grade teacher
Who Should Attend
- Teachers of grades 2 - 6 (Note: Other teachers K-12 would find the Mastery Learning and Cooperative Problem Solving strategies beneficial, but the workshop activities are specifically designed for teachers of grades 2 - 6).
- Elementary School Administrators
- Instructional Coaches and Math Coaches (School or District Level)
- District Level Math Directors
- Students enrolled in teacher education programs
Early registration fee is $150 for one workshop, and $275 if you sign up for both Power Reading Workshop: Targeting the Common Core and this one. If you wait and register after June 1st, the fee increases to $175 for one workshop and $300 for both of them.
Online Registration Process
Click the button to begin the registration process. You can pay online with a credit card or use one of the convenient options listed below.
Three Convenient Payment Methods:
- School Check or Money Order made out to Teaching Resources, Inc. Please include a copy of your confirmation email with the check.
- Credit Card or PayPal Payment - When you click the Register Now link, you'll be able to pay online with a credit card or PayPal at that time. If you register and choose the check option, you won't be able to return to to that page to pay online later.
- Purchase Orders - If you would like to guarantee payment with a Purchase Order, register and choose the Pay with Check option. Then print out your confirmation email and send it with your Purchase Order. If the Purchase Order is for more than one person, include a copy of all registration confirmation emails.
There are two different group discounts available. The Standard Discount is 10% off for 3 or more participants registering together and paying with one check. If a school sends a team of 5 , they may pay for just 4 team members which results in a 20% discount. Download one of the two group discount forms below more details. If you have questions, email Laura at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have to cancel for any reason, your payment is refundable in full if you cancel before June 20th, 2013. After that time, a $25 cancellation fee will apply to cover room rental, catering, and production costs. If you pay with PayPal, you will get a full refund if you cancel within 60 days of paying. If you cancel after that point, you will lose 5% due to nonrefundable payment fees. Cancellation fees will not apply if you are able to find someone else to take your spot. Please do not make firm travel plans until you receive confirmation that the minimum number of participants has been met. Feel free to contact Laura at email@example.com with any questions or comments!
Schedule a Workshop
If you would like to schedule this workshop at your school or in your district, email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.