Candler's Classroom Connections
Sign Up Page
Send updates and exclusive resources to your inbox!
"I have spent the past few days looking at your site and enjoying your past and current newsletters. I feel like a kid in a candy store! Thanks so much for your hard work and your effort!"
~ Leslie Nichols
How to sign up for the Candler's Classroom Connections
To sign up for my free newsletters, complete the Sign Up Form. (Tip: It's best to sign up with your home email address because your school email may block the newsletters.)
If this doesn't work, try texting CCC to 42828 and following the instructions.
As a last resort, enter your email address in this Google Doc form and I'll add your email manually before I send out the next newsletter. You will not receive an email confirmation, but you will get access to the newsletter subscriber freebies when I send out the next issue.
Looking for Laura's Best Freebies?
Are you wondering what happened to the freebies that used to be in my TpT store? In December 2015 I deactivated about 75 freebies and moved them to a private page on Teaching Resources called Laura's Best Freebies. I organized the list by categories to make it easier to find what you need, and I'm making the list available to my newsletter subscribers.
If you're already a subscriber, look for a link to Laura's Best Freebies in a recent issue of Candler's Classroom Connections. You should find this image somewhere in the sidebar; click it to access the freebies page. If you're not yet a subscriber, sign up for my newsletters here and check your email for a welcome message from me. Then follow the links in that message to find your free subscriber resources. If you've attempted to sign up and didn't get the welcome message, click here to find some possible solutions to the problem.
If you're wondering why I deactivated my freebies on TpT and moved them to my site, read The Mystery of the Missing Freebies on Corkboard Connections.
What will I receive when I subscribe?
- A welcome message that gives you access to the Subscribers Resources and Laura's Best Freebies pages. These pages have dozens of freebies you can download and use right away! See the sidebar for a few of the most popular freebies. (Note: If you don't receive a welcome message immediately, read the suggestions below.)
- Regular newsletters full of activities and teaching ideas for elementary teachers
- Full access to my archive of past newsletters
- Information about my upcoming free webinars
- A subscriber discount of 20% on my print/digital combos using the discount code you'll find on the subscriber resources page when you sign up
- Special limited-time offers and discounts on individual products or my entire store
- Information about new resources in my TpT store and updates to existing products
I signed up, but I never received the Welcome message and I haven't received any newsletters. What's wrong?
If you sign up but don't get email, here are a few ideas to help you troubleshoot the problem:
- Maybe you accidentally typed your email address incorrectly. If you think this could be the problem, try again.
- If you signed up with a school email address, it might be blocked. The easiest solution is to use a personal email address.
- It could be that your email program (such as Outlook) is blocking the emails. Check your junk mail folders and your spam folders. Lately I've been finding messages from my best friends there, so they will trap just about anything! If you find an email from me, figure out how to add the email to your safe sender list.
What do I do if I used to receive your newsletters, but I'm not anymore?
- What Happened: Over the last few years, my email list has approached close to 50,000 subscribers on several occasions, but many of those email addresses are not active. Because I pay for my email service by the size of my list, I periodically remove email addresses where my emails don't appear to be opened or viewed. Sometimes the system will remove other emails as well.
- What to Do: To resubscribe or confirm your subscription, enter your email address using this subscription link. If you end up on a page saying that you are updating your profile, fill out the information on that page to reactivate your account. You will receive a welcome letter that has a link to the newsletter archives. From there you can access all the newsletters you missed.
- If that doesn't work: fill out an online Google Doc form and I will add you back to the list. However, you will not get a welcome message, and you will have to wait for the next email to come out.
What if I want to cancel my subscription?
If you want to cancel at any time, just click the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of any newsletter.
Is my email address safe?
Yes! You have my pledge that your email address will never be sold or used for any purpose other than me contacting you by email.